One Phat Grrl

onephatgrrl@yahoo.com

Monday, May 26, 2003

So here we are on this Memorial Day 2003---my memorial day thus far as consisted of sleeping and now laundry. I'm hoping at some point to get out and take a nice walk, but that requires combing ones hair :). I think I'll make it past that and get out anyway for no other reason that I've walked the past two days and hell, why mess up a good groove?

My sister and I decided that the best way to get back in the swing of things is to go back to our original plans of meeting every Saturday and walking at the local park. We had so much energy then--we met on Saturday and it carried us through the week. Ever since we got back from vacation last October our Saturdays have been shot to crap. We just weren't trying to do it as a team anymore. The end result is that she's gained some she's lost and I've just kinda hung out. I have lost weight since we stopped double teaming, but not very quickly. Not to mention this falls right in line with staying busy.

This weekend we got our crap together and we walked on Saturday and Sunday. It was a bit rusty at first but I'm proud to say that I didn't have trouble with my feet. Does this mean that they are worked out of their kinks? I doubt it--but we did walk one mile Saturday and two on Sunday---and part of that mile......::::::::::gasp::::::::::are you ready for this???????..............I .........jogged.

Yes, I said it. I jogged for part of the second mile. I was really suprised that I was not out of breath when I stopped. The reason I stopped (and pardon my gross use of terms here) was because it felt as though my breasts were being ripped from my body. Tooooo much bouncing. But, the more important thing is that I jogged, which is something that I wanted to start doing. So, using the plan I found here, I'm going to try to incorporate running in to my exercise. I've always wanted to run--I love the way the muscles flex and move when I see someone jogging. It's cooooooool. I just hope I can find a good sports bra that will keep my ta ta's from either falling off or smacking me over and over again in the face!

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...